Who We Are:
Our Geiger-Mode LiDAR technology has proven time and time again to be a leader in the industry. We fly faster, higher and deliver an accuracy that today’s AI-connected market demands. Founded on the belief that there’s a better way to collect, distribute, and extract value out of geospatial data, VeriDaaS is working with leaders in the industry, delivering the solutions for tomorrow – today. Leveraging our foundational datasets, VeriDaaS delivers solutions for 5G Telecom, Utilities, IoT, Automotive, Property Insurance, Government, and the broader Geospatial market place, managing the multi-experiential environment. New applications are being defined daily in 2021 and our proprietary Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform is a game-changer delivering data and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications to our clients.
VeriDaaS has embarked on an ambitious plan to deliver geospatial solutions never before seen in the industry! Want in on this exciting opportunity? Join our determined, fun, cutting-edge team where you’ll love going to work every day and go home happy that you are a part of a movement – not just a job.
What We Need:
With clients across the globe, and a busy corporate office located in Denver, Colorado, supporting offices in the US and Canada, our Survey Manager will need to hit the ground running immediately taking charge of the VeriDaaS survey needs, supporting our VeriMAP Program, commencing with the State of California.
The candidate is expected to lead the surveying team taking charge of the field needs, signatory authority, field survey equipment needs, processes, schedule, partner coordination, and client liaison while remaining in lockstep with the entire VeriDaaS Operations Team.
Responsibilities and Role:
- Lead all aspects of the VeriDaaS Survey Team, responsible for the identification, measurement, collection, and dissemination of control point inventory for our Geiger-mode LiDAR collection supporting the VeriMAP Program.
- Establish the standard process, tools, and equipment that fits the VeriMAP Program best
- Need to show skill in project management, cost planning, schedule impact mitigation, client interaction, and invoice management
- Understand the best build, buy, partner opportunities in the larger survey requirements for the VeriMAP Program
- Recruit, interview, hire and direct the VeriDaaS Survey Team on daily activities and long-term goals as well
- Demonstrate and train proper use of survey hardware, software and processes to team
- Perform potentially complicated calculations involving field survey data
- Manage the QC effort associated with survey activities for VeriDaaS to ensure continual improvement gets re-introduced into the process
- Prepare and review government files, utilities and public records as needed
- Leads the effort in ensuring a forward-looking strategy to extend survey actions to align with company mandate
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the project definition and planning phases
- Mentor to junior survey team in their continued growth and development in the trade
- Works with the VeriDaaS Management Team in the common project and program initiatives and represents the company at various functions as needed
- A minimum three years of qualifying experience in LiDAR surveys
- Must have a background with several years of experience in LiDAR, photogrammetry, or remote sensing
- Possessing a State certification as a PLS is a plus but not necessary
- Foundational knowledge of topographic, control/geodetic, and photo/LiDAR control requirements
- Additional experience with terrestrial/mobile scanning practices as they relate to control requirements beneficial
- Administrative writing skills, data entry skills, general math skills, adept using standard industry equipment including Trimble and Topcon
- Excellent time management, communication and team-building skills
- Proven track record in managing multiple concurrent tasks, setting priorities, and meeting specified deadlines in a performance-driven environment
- Demonstrated success working in a dynamic, fast paced start-up organization, ability to manage at a high level while also having the ability to dive into the details on an as needed basis
- Intimate familiarity with ASPRS standards is a major plus, as well as familiarity with USGS 3DEP specifications is an additional positive.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and education background. A comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO).
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.