LiDAR – Light Detection And Ranging – is a proven technology for collecting very high accuracy elevation data, both for bare earth models (DTMs – Digital Terrain Models) and first-return models (DSMs – Digital Surface Models). With VeriDaaS’ acquisition of L3Harris Technologies Geiger Mode LiDAR system, collection occurs with unprecedented accuracy and point density for large areas.
- Significantly increase speed of collection
- Lower cost acquisition with higher density resolution
- Foliage penetration in heavy canopy areas drastically improved with better terrain information
- Shadow and void area reduction creates higher quality, greater image uniformity through multi-look sampling
- Higher accuracy for more robust bundle adjustment
- Improved delivery/schedule with enterprise production capabilities