Who We Are
VeriDaaS is an innovative Colorado-based company founded on the belief that there’s a better way to collect, distribute, and extract value out of geospatial data. To make this a reality, we have initiated a nationwide collection of LiDAR data at unprecedented accuracy for the Continental U.S we call VeriMAP. With that as our foundation, we are collecting additional datasets including hyperspectral and 3D images. These datasets are being seamlessly layered together to facilitate new usages and applications while our proprietary Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform is a game-changer delivering data and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications to our clients.
VeriDaaS has embarked on an ambitious plan to deliver geospatial solutions never before seen in the industry! Do you want in on this exciting opportunity? Join our determined, fun, cutting-edge team where you’ll love working from your home on a rotational basis, two weeks on, two weeks off while occasionally attending company get-togethers that will help to make you happy that you are a part of a rapidly growing movement – not just doing a job. Our employees can and do live anywhere in the US or Canada.
What We Need
The successful candidate will contribute towards the team effort, leveraging previous experience on a survey field crew to assist other crew members in performing ground control and verification surveys that improve the data quality of our aerial surveys, utilizing RTN, Base and Rover RTK and Static GNSS. This role incorporates following the guidelines for producing aerial data as per the ASPRS Positional Accuracy Standards for Digital Geospatial Data (Edition 1, Version 1.0. – November 2014) and the USGS National Geospatial Program’s LiDAR Base Specification Book 11, Collection and Delineation of Spatial Data. The position requires the use of a variety of surveying tools, including Real Time GNSSS as well as Robotic Total Station equipment and Terrestrial LiDAR scanning while conducting field data acquisition. Travel, both nationally (CONUS) and occasionally internationally (OCONUS) is to be expected on a regular rotation basis facilitating the acquisition of high-quality data in a safe, effective, and compliant manner. This opportunity involves direct interaction and instruction from your crew’s Survey Party Chief and/or other crew members, the VeriDaaS Survey Manager, a Survey Office Technician and typically a Project Manager assigned to specific client projects. It is expected that the Instrumentman will have considerable knowledge of field surveying of various types and associated technical knowledge, and will be comfortable with extensive travel.
The Ideal Candidates Will Possess the Following Qualifications
- A minimum of 1 year prior experience as an Instrumentman
- Ability to travel for two weeks at a time on a rotational basis, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
- Experience with modern survey equipment including some or all of the following: Real Time GNSS Networks, Base and Rover RTK, Static GNSS surveying, use of Robotic Total Stations and Terrestrial LiDAR Scanners
- Ability to operate and maintain surveying equipment including Data Collectors, GNSS surveying gear, Robotic Total Stations, field surveying supplies, tools, etc.
- Understanding of control networks and experience locating control points
- Working knowledge of DOT based route surveying along with various types of key surveying activities
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to problem solve
- Understanding of proper checklist, manual, and SOP use.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work long hours under harsh weather conditions.
- Successful completion of a background check and I-9 e-verification
You will use only first quality state of the art VeriDaas surveying equipment to:
- Assist the Survey Party Chief in charge of the survey field crew and work with and give direction to Survey Assistants.
- Support airborne Geiger LiDAR surveys and other technologies as required.
- Safely collect high quality ground survey data to control and verify the accuracy of airborne and terrestrial/mobile LiDAR data.
- On occasion assist in locating and dimensioning relevant improvements.
- Interact on a daily basis with the Survey Party Chief, the Survey Manager, a Survey Technician assigned to your crew, other field survey personnel, and the Project Manager for the project you are working on.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and education background. A comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO).
To apply to this position, please use the form on this page. No phone calls, please.