Who We Are
VeriDaaS is an innovative Colorado-based company founded on the belief that there’s a better way to collect, distribute, and extract value out of geospatial data. To make this a reality, we have initiated a nationwide collection of LiDAR data at unprecedented accuracy for the Continental U.S which we call VeriMAP. With that as our foundation, we may also collect additional datasets including hyperspectral and 3D images. These datasets are being seamlessly layered together to facilitate new usages and applications, while our proprietary Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) platform is a game-changer delivering data and software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications to our clients.
VeriDaaS has embarked on an ambitious plan to deliver geospatial solutions never before seen in the industry! Do you want in on this exciting opportunity? Join our determined, fun, cutting-edge team where you’ll love working from your home office while occasionally attending company get-togethers that will help to make you happy that you are a part of a rapidly growing movement – not just doing a job. Our employees can and do live anywhere in the US or Canada.
What We Need
The successful candidate will contribute towards the team effort, leveraging previous survey experience to assist in designing, processing and QC’ing ground control surveys that improve the data quality of our aerial surveys, including the development of photo/LiDAR control networks utilizing RTN, Base and Rover RTK and Static GNSS. The role facilitates solution implementation following the guidelines for producing aerial data as per the ASPRS Positional Accuracy Standards for Digital Geospatial Data (Edition 1, Version 1.0. – November 2014) and the USGS National Geospatial Program’s LiDAR Base Specification Book 11, Collection and Delineation of Spatial Data. The position requires knowledge of the use of, and the processing of raw data from a variety of leading-edge survey technologies used in field data acquisition. Travel, both nationally (CONUS) and internationally (OCONUS) is to be expected on an occasional basis facilitating the acquisition of high-quality data in a safe, effective, and compliant manner. This opportunity means direct interaction and instruction from the VeriDaaS Survey Manager and typically a Project Manager assigned to specific client projects.
The Ideal Candidates Will Possess the Following Qualifications
- An Associate’s or a Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying or a Survey related field.
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience as a Survey Technician, and with previous Field Survey Experience as well.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Experience with Leica Infinity, AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MicroStation, Terrestrial/Mobile LiDAR processing.
- Understanding of control networks and experience locating existing control points.
- Working knowledge of DOT based route surveying along with various types of key surveying activities (boundary, topographic, as-built, construction staking)
- Proficient with Field Survey equipment both conventional and GNSS, preferably from Leica Geosystems.
- Adaptable to technologies such as laser scanning and mapping with drones.
- Ability to understand, process, and interpret survey data.
- Confidence with new technologies.
- Ability to problem solve and perform technical analyses
- Understand proper checklist, manual, and SOP use and integration
- Demonstrate competency in operational logistics and field operations
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully complete a background check and I-9 e-verification
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and education background. A comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO).
To apply to this position, please use the form on this page. No phone calls, please.