High density, highly accurate LiDAR data that delivers more detailed information to enhance analysis and gain insight, resulting in improved decision-making capabilities.
LIDAR, which stands for Light Detection and Ranging, is a remote sensing method that uses light in the form of a pulsed laser to measure ranges (variable distances) to the Earth. These light pulses combined with other data recorded by the airborne system generate precise, three dimensional information about the shape of the Earth and its surface characteristics.
From this rich dataset, several derivative mapping products can be created;
- Classified Point Clouds
- Digital Elevation Models
- Hillshade Models
- Intensity Images
- 3D Vector Data
- Building Footprint and Structures
- Road Features
- Utility Mapping
- Forestry/Tree Mapping
- USGS 3DEP Products
VeriDaaS holds the exclusive rights for commercial L3 Harris Geiger-mode LiDAR sensor technology. In comparison to traditional Linear LiDAR sensors, with the Geiger-mode LiDAR system, collection occurs with unprecedented accuracy and point density for geographically large areas.
- Significantly increase speed of collection
- Lower cost acquisition with higher density resolution
- Foliage penetration in heavy canopy areas drastically improved with better terrain information
- Shadow and void area reduction creates higher quality, greater image uniformity through multi-look sampling
- Robust bundle adjustment yields higher accuracy
- Improved delivery/schedule with enterprise production capabilities
This new Geiger-mode LiDAR data increased the accuracy to greater than 95%. Instead of a two-dimensional image, PEC was able to use a three-dimensional image, enabling pruning contractors with an exact location.
Pedernales Electric Cooperative